The Hop Sun Tap / Heathen Brewers
Job type: Bar staff
Hours: Part-time 15-30hr/week (including weekends)
Opening hours: Thursday / Friday 15:00 – 21:00, Saturday 12:00 – 21:00, Sunday 12:00 – 19:00
Starting salary: Favourable rates
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 4HW
Application: Please email your CV to Mark Balcombe at: email@example.com
The Hop Sun Taproom is going through a period of expansion. Having opened our doors just over six months ago, we are now looking to add new members to our bar team. Our taproom is located within the brewery, so you will be acting as an ambassador for Heathen Brewers. The ideal candidate is someone personable, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Community is at the centre of our bar ethos, so sharing our passion and providing the best experience to our customers is essential - from welcoming everyone in, to chatting about our products. Prior experience and beer knowledge are preferred but not required as training will be offered. Supervisor and management roles will be available in the near future, and we would ideally like to promote from within the team. We're incredibly proud of what we do and are looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm.
· Greet customers and create a welcoming atmosphere
· Table service
· Develop knowledge of our products in order to provide confident recommendations to customers
· Compliance with licensing law
· Hosting taproom events
· Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with customers, taking orders and serving food and drinks
· Maintain the highest safety and hygiene standards and excellent personal hygiene
What We Offer:
· To create a safe and inclusive work environment that encourages open discussions
· To offer a competitive salary at favourable rates
· To encourage career development and progression
· Staff discounts on all products
· As much quality tea and coffee as you can drink
Heathen Brewers was formed seven years ago, producing beers in the basement of a local delicatessen. In 2021, we finally formed a separate bricks and mortar entity on the other side of Haywards Heath town centre. The site of our taproom is steeped in local history, and we have strived to maintain as much of the original architecture as possible.
Since moving to Triangle Road, we have more than quadrupled in capacity. We produce an ever-evolving range of styles, from fresh NEIPAs, crisp lagers, lovely milds, and our award-winning imperial stouts.
We are keen to fill this vacancy as soon as possible. To guarantee consideration, please submit your application by 5 pm April 8th.